Sunday, April 15, 2007

Why can't guys and girls just be friends?????


Since I can remember socializing, I have always felt much more comfortable hanging out with the boys in my school than the girls. One reason being that I don’t play those stupid little games girls play behind each other’s backs, and I don’t tolerate it either. I tell people how it is, and I don’t apologize for that, so many girls have had a problem with me. My boys have always been my best friends, since first grade I have hung out with two guys named Jake and Dennis, and I would rather have them stand up for me at my wedding than anyone else. But lately, I have noticed that this kind of friendship is seen as unlikely and even looked down upon at certain points. Recently I have thought of living with another great guy friend, Bryce, who I have known since I was 2, and is literally like my brother. He almost lives with my parents in Leadville, so why not live with him when he moves down here? Well for one, my boyfriend had a bitch fit about it, even after I explained I have known Bryce longer than I have know him, and that it would be safer as well. He compared it to him living with some girl he has known for about two years, and I became so irritated, I hung up on him. Also, trying to find guy friends down here is close to impossible. Apparently, in Denver, it’s highly impossible that a guy and a girl can be friends without anything else being between them. Well, I guess I better learn to be better at being a girl, or I am screwed.

4 comments:

Genevieve Marquez said...

My dear little Chewl, Chewls,
I couldn't agree with you more! I noticed in Leadville, that you had tons of guy friends and little girl friends....though you did have them. They were just not as close. I guess since I've lived in Denver my whole life, finding guy friends is not as hard..I guess it just takes a while here...I did notice that the way we talk to guys; like your friends is different... YOUR FRIENDS THOUGHT I WAS HITTING ON THEM! HA HA HA

Anonymous said...

I use to be in the same exact situation you are in. I made a choice when I got with my boyfriend. Pretty much I gave up all my guy friends because it made him jealous and uncomfortable. Sometimes I wish I never would have did what I did. But that’s all in the past. My boyfriend and I have been together for three and a half years now and he understands that guy friends are just as important to me as girls are. I hope your boyfriend realizes the same thing soon! Good luck!

Ronit said...

Lol, that situation reminds me of one I am in. I get along with guys better too, because I hate girly stuff, and gossip. I have had the same best friend since 6th grade. He is a guy, and he acts totally straight, yet he is gay. He moved away and I plan to go visit him in may, but my boyfriend is very jealous. He says its like him going to stay with his best girl friend. I wish guys could just see if from out point of view, cheating on my boyfriend with my gay best friend would be like having sex with my sister. eww....

Jiarui Xie said...

I agree too,haha! I think someway guys are more sincerely than girls. Girl games are idiot and it is stupid to deal with those problems. I would take it easy and do not want to be so complicated, so if I got girl friends they must have the same idea as I do. I did have already. Good luck on you!